(Using Autodesk Maya & 3D Studio MAX)
Overview: 3D design has become an integral part of the graphics, art and multimedia industry. 3D graphics and animation are used in virtual environments, computer games, film productions, presentations, medical illustrations, architectural visualizations and on the web.
Our 3D Animation Certificate course covers all the techniques involved to create 3D objects and short animations. Due to the low entry level, the short duration and practical teaching method this is one of the fastest entries to the world of 3D graphics.
During this 6 months course, practical classroom projects and weekly homework assignments are used to slowly build up students’ skill and confidence in all the different areas. Within a few weeks students are able to build simple models, texture them and create camera based animations. These basic skills are then built on, exploring modeling tools and techniques, working in Photoshop to create high quality texture maps, understanding lighting techniques, and basic development of character animation.
The main application used during this course is Autodesk Maya & 3D studio MAX.
Practical classroom projects and weekly homework assignments are used to steadily build up students’ skills and confidence in all these areas. Within a few weeks students are able to build simple models, texture them and create camera based animations. These basic skills are then built on, exploring modeling tools and techniques, working in Photoshop to create high quality texture maps, understanding lighting techniques and basic development of character animation.
Who is this course for?
- You want to understand the fundamentals of 3D design
- You are a 2D graphic designer who wants to expand to 3D design
- You are a web designer and want to explore 3D design and development
- You want to add 3D elements to your movie projects
- You are a visual artist and want to create your own 3D content
- You want to use this as a stepping stone towards our Diploma/Degree programs
- SAE Institute Certificate
- Part-time: 24 weeks
Note: There are no academic requirements to participate in this program. The only entry requirement is for the participant to be at least 16 years of age upon commencement of the course. This course has advanced standing towards our diploma programs.
- One afternoon/evening of 5 hours
- Individual bookings, with personal support.
- Access to facilities at least 6 days per week.
- Taught in English