17. Define database object.
A component of a database system is known as database object. MS Access provides various objects that are used to store and retrieve data from database.
18. Write down the major database objects in MS Access.
The major database objects in MS Access are Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports.
19. Define any tow database object.
The database object table is used to store data in database. The database object query is used to retrieve data from database.
20. Which database object stores the data in the database?
The table object stores the data in the database.
21. Which database object is used to create and format printed output?
The report object is used to create and format printed output.
22. Define query.
A query is a statement that extracts specific information from database. Queries are used to retrieve the required data from database. Data is retrieved according to the criteria given by the user. It is a more flexible way of selecting. Filtering and sorting records.
23. How is a query written?
The query is written in database access language such as SQL. A query retrieves data from the database and displays it in the form of table. The user can also change data in the database by using queries. Queries can also be used to perform calculations on fields.
24. Define form.
A graphical interface used to interact with the database is called form. Forms are used to enter data in the database. The user can also retrieve, change, delete and update data by using forms.
25. Write some advantages of forms.
- Forms are easy to use.
- Forms use graphical interface that is attractive.
- The user can interact with database without technical knowledge.
26. What are reports?
Reports are the outputs of database application. Reports are used to retrieve and present data in a formatted way. The information on reports is arranged in different ways. A report may alos contain graphs, charts and tables etc.
27. Why are reports important?
Reports are very important in making key decisions. The user can print reports to send them to different people. The output of a query can also be used as source for reports. Most of the DBMs provide the facility of reports.
28. List some advantages of reports.
- Reports provide quick result from databases.
- Reports help in making important decisions.
- Reports can display processed data using graphs and charts etc.
- Reports can be printed or emailed easily.
29. How does a database differ from a table?
The database is the main structure that holds one or more tables. A table is an object in the database that is used to store data about a particular entity.
30. How do fields and records differ?
Fields are the smaller units that make up pieces of information contained in records.
31. Which database object can be used to create a report?
The database objects Table and query can be used to create a report.
32. Which screen element is used to display all database objects?
The database window is used to display all database objects.