Make Your Screen
1. Get the picture frame made by wood or iron pipe block. Washout all the small metal spots and put the glass away. You will require a part of glass from a screen frame less than the 1 you are using for your exposing screen. Watch the carefully edges of the glass. Don’t cut yourself, always.
2. Normally cut a part of the curtain rather better than you require to covering of the front side of the screen frame and cover around the edges for better result. You are starting to stretch the mesh or curtain over the frame just as stretching a canvas for art painting. It aids to stay an edge; consequently you have a smooth row to go by.
3. Stretch the mesh or thin fabric over the front side of the frame and affix it into position. Undertake to set the thin fabric as flat as possible. If you successfully staple it on crossways, with the granule of the mesh or thin fabric too far off from the rectangle of the screen frame, you will feel easy in problem later. You don’t have to be too anal about it; just try to set it as straight as possible.
Clip the fabric onto the sides of the frame practically close to the front side edge. Drag it completely flat to make it as tight as possible.
I suggest putt up a couple staples on single end, then a pair on another end of the fabric, then on one area, and then a new, and stay going around the frame, pulling the total time even your stapling process complete.
4. after that, cut the over mesh off around the every side of the screen frame. Don’t cut closely to the stapled fabric will dispute and come free.
After this, your screen is ready for applying next step.
Coat the light sensitive Emulsion on the Screen
All those pieces of cardboard put up in hand. The back side of old notebooks works mostly well.Follow the lesson on the emulsion and activator pots and track them concisely to mix up them together accurately. Transfer some quantity of the emulsion onto the screen surface and drag it as equally as possible onto the screen surface. You have to cover both sides of the screen. You can dig the excess emulsion back into the vessel of prepared emulsion. Don’t lay it on too chunky. Keep in your mind; you cover the screen with a thin coat, as possible, and on equally sides. Try to avoid drops. Once more, you don’t have to be a perfect worker. Just perform your finest.
One time you’ve attempted the emulsion on screen, then put the screen in dark room to dry. Closets work attractive. It doesn’t have to be completely dim as a photo lab or anything else. I hair dryer is the best for emulsion drying purpose so you can also use an electric or hand fan at the screen to facilitate it dry faster.
One more thing for you, it’s arid you’re going to desire to go directly on to the next step so that the emulsion doesn’t find exposed screen and solidify totally on your silkscreen. You can rub the screen surface to sense if it is dry.
Make Your Image
1. When you feel that your screen is completely dry, take it out in the any light and put it face down on a piece of dark cotton. The back side of the screen is facing up and the screen is flush beside the cotton. In this matter you require UV rays for exposing of the screen. Even on a dull day, you can expose your screen easily. A dim light at night will not come out the result.
2. Now set your design (which is made onto the transparent paper) on it, inside the frame and set a part of glass smaller than the screen frame on peak of the picture.
3. Stay it there for a while.
The sun light is going to harden the emulsion. You’ll observe it adjust from a light green to a nature of bluish shade. Be alert of shadows. Yet the piece of glass can shed a shadow. It is a nice idea to carefully move the complete thing a small bit to avoid shadows it is necessary for pretty result. If you do finish with a shadow, you can forever connect it up afterward by dabbing a spot of light sensitive emulsion on the gap. Still, it is favorable not to have to act that.
Any area of the screen which doesn’t obtain hit through the sun is going to wash out. Be carefully not to let your picture move about. The piece of glass helps keep it in position and also constructs definite no sun light gets in beneath the edges of the picture.
Wash out Your Screen
One time you sense pretty sure that the emulsion is totally dried in the sun light, keep up your screen and go away; to the garden hose and begin to washout the emulsion where your design was.
This is the very easy to do, at this time you will need a lot of water pressure, but it is not possible to do without a hose connection. When you drop the water then Rub the screen emulsion with your fingers to help for washing the emulsion. I have even softly rubbed with the rough area of a kitchen sponge. This can injure the emulsion of the screen a little bit, but it works well. Don’tscrub the hard area of emulsion then you’ll damage your screen.
I discover this part after hardest work. I always obtain a little aggravated that the emulsion doesn’t wash out quick enough and fret that it’ll solidify while I work carefully and step by step, especially in sun light. If your picture was opaque adequate you should not have any difficulty.
However, now that you have a print able screen after this you can print easily.
1. The edges of the front. The major fault of these house screens. It is an excellent idea to set some masking tape beside the edges of the silkscreen before you begin printing so you don’t get any poor leaks off the screen sides.
2. Keep your garment on some rough paper to defend the surface below. If you are printing on T-shirt, always, lay a paper inside the T-shirt.
3. Set the screen on your garment, situate some printing color inside the peak of the screen, and drag it over the stencil with your squeegee. The squeegee if you can’t afford then you can use a piece of cardboard.
Be very careful not to let the screen move about while you are printing. Grip it down confidently. You extremely have to print on a good any flat surface or you will achieve terrible outputs.
4. Pick up the screen and as your work. It depends on your mood!