Today I have bought a new system and I have installed windows 7 ultimate version on it with Windows 7 DVD. After installing windows I have installed all necessary software which I have needed. This all process took 3 hours for installations. At the end I have programmed to install Ubuntu on my Hard Drive.
I was trying to install 2 windows side by side on my hard disk. When restart my computer for final results I have a black screen in front of me. There was two lines which indicating some kind of error. These lines were
“Bootmgr is missing – Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to Restart.”
I was shocked to see this error massage. I have tried a lot of tricks to resolve this bootmgr is missing error, but in-vain. When i get tired with my useless effort I start goggling about this issue.
I have found many articles about “Bootmgr is missing” error. I have applied these techniques but I was unable to overcome at this error. So, at the end I got an idea and I have recall in mind. Some time I have faced this issue in Windows XP and I had resolved this issue at that time. So, I have start applying those techniques in Windows 7.
Windows 7 bootmgr Missing Solution
1. Insert Windows 7 DVD into your DVD-Rom and Restart your system.
2. Boot your system with Windows 7 DVD.
3. Windows 7 will start copying installation files into your hard drive. When first dialogue appear. Select “Repair your computer” from the bottom left corner at this dialogue box.
4. A new dialogue box will appear and system will start searching for installation. Wait until searching complete.
5. Select and check “Restore your computer using a system image that you have created earlier.”
6. Click on “Load Drivers” button.
7. Press “ok” button in “Add Drivers” window. New windows will open form where you can access hard drive and DVD-ROM
8. Click on “My Computer” and open your Windows 7 from your DVD Rom.
9. Here you will find a file named “bootmgr”.
10. Copy “bootmgr” file into your clipboard.
11. Now, go back and open your C drive.
12. Past “bootmgr” into C drive.
Ok, you have done a good job. Now, close all dialogue boxes and cancel windows installation at the end. Restart your system and your windows 7 will boot normally.