Describe from and report. Discuss their Advantages and Disadvantages.
The forms are reports are important features of a database system. Almost all database systems provide these facilities.
A graphical interface used to interact with the database is called from. Forms are used to enter data in the database. A form consists of textboxes, labels, buttons and other graphical objects. These objects enable the user to interanct with the database easily. The user can also retrieve, change, delete and update data by using forms. The application programmers create the user interface by designing the forms in different ways.
Some important advantages of forms are as follows:
- Forms are easy to use.
- Forms use graphical interface that is attractive.
- The user can interact with database without technical knowledge.
Some important disadvantages of forms are as follows:
- The data in the form cannot be formatted.
- The forms are only used on computer screen.
Reports are the outputs of database application. Reports are used to retrieve and present data in a formatted way. The information on reports is arranged in different ways. A reports may also contain graphs, charts and tables etc. The user can generate different types of reports by manipulating database. Some reports are simple a list of the record in database.
Reports are very important in making key decisions. The user can print reports to send them to different people. The output of a query can also be used as source for reports. Most of the DBMs provide the facility of reports.
Some important advantages of reports are as follows:
- Reports provided quick result form databases.
- Reports help in making important decisions.
- Reports can display processed data using graphs and charts etc.
- Reports can be printed or emailed easily.
Some important disadvantages of reports are as follows:
- The data in the report cannot be modified.
- The user cannot add new data using report.
- The data in the report cannot be deleted.