Write the procedure for printing a document: The user can print a document after completing it. All word processors provide the facility of printing documents. The following procedure is used to print a document:
- Select File > print from menu bar or press CTRL+P. Print dialog box will appear. Print dialog box contains different option about printing as follows:
- Name: It indicates the printer that is used for printing the document.
- Page range: it is used to specify the pages to be printed. The All option button is used to print all pages, current page option is used to print current page and pages option is used to specify the page numbers to be printed.
- Number of copies: It is used to specify the number of copies to be printed.
- Select the required options and click OK button. The document will be printed according to the specified options.
What is clipboard? Explain usage of clipboard
Clipboard is used to temporarily store the information that has been cut or copied. Text can be moved from one location to another in a document. When the option of cut is used, the text is stored on the clipboard. The text is erased from its original location. It can be pasted from clipboard to another location.
Text can be moved from one location to another in the document with copy option. When the option of copy is used, the text is stored on the clipboard. The text is not erased from its original location. It can be pasted from clipboard to another location. The options of cut and copy are available in edit menu.
Briefly describe the use of text boxes in MS word.
Text box is a rectangular box that is used to enter text or image. It can be moved around the page easily. It is free of usual constraints of paragraphs and margins etc. MS Word provides the facility to resize and place text boxes easily and flexibly. The user can apply borders & shading to text boxes and rotate the orientation of text boxes etc.
The following procedure is used to add text box in MS Word:
- Click Insert > Text Box OR click Text Box icon. From Drawing toolbar. The shape of cursor will change to +.
- Move the cursor to the place where the text box is to be placed and drag the mouse while pressing the left mouse button. The text box will be created.
Which types of graphics can be used in MS Word? Explain the procedure to insert graphic.
Graphics are frequently used in word processing. Almost all word processors provide the facility to use graphics. MS Word provides many tools to manipulate graphics. There are two types of graphics that can be used MS Word:
- Bitmap graphics: these graphics consist of pixels. Bitmap graphics can be considered as painted pictures.
- Vector Graphics: these graphics consists of lines and curves. Vector graphics can be considered as drawings.
The following procedure is used to insert graphics in MS Word:
- Place the cursor where the graphic is to be inserted.
- Select insert > picture from menu bar. It displays the following basic options:
From Scanner of Camera………
- Select any option to insert a graphic in the document.
MS Word also provides a picture toolbar to manipulate pictures. The toolbar can be displayed from View > Toolbars > picture. The toolbar contains different options for manipulating pictures.
Figure : picture toolbar