What is column? Write the procedure to insert columns in word.
Columns are very effective format for certain types of documents. Presenting text in columns is a powerful feature of MS word. It is every easy to make column of the text. MS Word can arrange text n two or more columns like a newspaper or magazine. The text from the bottom of one column automatically moves to the top of the next column.
The procedure for inserting columns word is as follows:
- Click the columns button on the standard toolbar.
- Select the number of columns by dragging the mouse over the diagram.
The following procedure is used to choose more column options:
- Select format > columns from the menu bar. The columns dialog box is used to choose the properties of the columns.
- Select the number and width of the columns from the dialog box.
What is table? How a table is created in MS word?
A table is a method for presenting information in rows and columns. In a table the intersection of a row and a column is called a cell. The user can insert text or numbers in a table and sort them. Some calculations can also be performed on tables. Tables can be used to arrange text and graphics.
Creating table using menu
- Open a new document.
- Click table > insert table. A dialog box will appear.
- Set number of columns to 3, number of rows to 4, and column width to auto.
- Click ok to close the insert table dialog box.
Write the procedure to insert rows and columns in a table.
The rows and tables can be inserted in a table by using insert submenu of table menu.
The following procedure is used to insert rows and columns in a table:
- Place the cursor in the column after or before which a column is to be inserted.
- Select Table > Insert > Column to the left or column to the Right.
A new column will be added in the table according to the selected option.
Write the procedure to move and resize a table.
- Place the cursor over the table. A table resize handle ⬚ will appear on the right bottom corner of the table.
- Place the cursor over the table resize handle. The cursor will change to ⤡ shape.
- Drag table resize handle to change table size.
The following procedure is used to move a table:
3. Click and drag the table to change its location.