How Can Computer be Useful in Office Automation? – Office automation is the process of automating office tasks using computers. Many types of tasks are performed in an office. These tasks include:
2 Data manipulation
3 Document handling
4 Communication and storage
Many computer technologies are used to perform these activities in an office easily. Some computerized systems used in an office are follows:
1. Document Management system (DMS)
DSM consists of different applications like word processing, desktop publishing reprographic, image processing and archival storage applications.
1 Word Processing: is used to create documents electronically. It is used to produce high-quality letters, proposals, reports and brochures etc.
2. Desktop Publishing: is used to make these documents attractive with photos and graphics etc. it is used to publish the documents.
3. Spreadsheet Application: is used to maintain records and calculate expenses, profits and losses. It is also used to perform mathematical, statistical and logical processing.
4. Reprographics: is a process of reproducing multiple copies of a document.
5. Image processing: is used to scan and store an image in computer. It can also modify and improve the quality of images.
6. Message Handling System
It is used to send messages or documents from one location to another. Many techniques are used for this purpose such as facsimile (fax), email and voice mail etc.
7. Office Support System
It is used to coordinate and manage the activities of a workgroup. The members of a workgroup can share their work and coordinate with one another. Groupware and desktop organizers are examples of this system.
Explain how computer can be useful in medical field.
1. Hospital Administration
Hospital is an important organization. We can use computer for the administration of a hospital. We can computerize the accounting, payroll and stock system of the hospital. We can keep the record of different medicines, their distribution and use in different wards etc.
2. Recording Medical History
Computer can be used to store medical history of patients. We can store important facts about patients in computer we can keep record if his past treatment, suggested medicines and their results. Such systems can be very effective and helpful for doctors.
3. Monitoring systems
Some serious patients must be monitored continuously. Monitoring is needed especially in operation theatres and intensive care units. Many computerized device are used to monitor the blood pressure, heartbeat and brain of the patients.
4. Life Support System life support systems are used to help the disabled persons. Many devices are used that help deaf person to hear, scientists are trying to create a device to help blind person to see.
5. Diagnosis of Diseases
Different software are available to store data about different diseases and their symptoms. Diagnosis of disease is possible by entering the symptoms of a patient. Different computerized devices are used in laboratories for different tests of blood.