Computer can be used at home in the following ways:
- Home Budget: Computer can be used to manage the home budget. The user can easily calculate expenses and income. He can list all expenses in one column and income in another column. He can apply any calculation on these columns to plan home budget.
- Computer Games: An important use of computer at home is playing games. Different types of games are available. These games are a source of entertainment and recreation. Many games are available that are specially developed to improve your mental capability and thinking power.
- Working form Home
People can manage office work at home. The owner of a company can check the work of employees from home. He can control his office while sitting at home.
People can find entertainment on the internet using computer. They can watch movies, hear songs and download different stuff. They can also watch live matches on internet.
Any person can find any type of information from internet. Educational and informative websites are available to download books, tutorials etc. to improve knowledge.
You can chat with your friends on internet. You can also talk with them. Different messages, files and information can be sent to them.
Describe the uses of computer in education.
Computer can be used in education field to improve teaching and learning process. Computer is used in colleges to provide the methods of teaching in different ways. It is used to educate students effectively. Many computer-based educational programs are available for learning purpose. Computer can be used in education in the following ways:
- Computer-based training (CBT)
CBT are different program that are supplied on CD-ROM. These programs include text, graphics, and sound. Audio and video lectures are recorded on the CDs. CBT is a low cost solution for educating people. You can train a large number of people easily.
Benefits of CBT
Some important benefits of CBT are as follows:
- Students can learn new skills at their own pace. They can easily acquire knowledge in any available time of their own choice.
- Training time can be reduced.
- CBT contains interactive, attractive and easy material. It encourages the students to learn the topic.
- Planning and timing problems are reduced or eliminated.
- The skills can be taught at any time and at any place.
- It is very cost effective way to train a large number of students locally or at distant places.
- Computer-aided learning (CAL)
Computer aided learning is the process of using information technology to help teaching and enhance learning process. The use of compute can reduce the time that is spent on preparing teaching material. It can also reduce the administrative load of teaching and research. The use of multimedia projector and slides has improved the equality of teaching. It has also helped the learning process.
- Online education
Many web sites provide online education. You can download educational material, books and tutorials without going outside. Some universities provide online lectures for the students. Students can ask questions and discuss problems by sending emails to websites.