In this chapter you will learn:
1. Heredity, genes and their role in biological inheritance.
2. Relationship between genes and chromosomes.
3. Alleles, their origin and impact.
4. Crossing over and its significance.
5. What genes are; chemical composition and structure of DNA.
6. Significance of base sequence in DNA, replication of DNA.
7. How do genes function to produce traits?
8. Mendelian genetics; mendel, his superb work and laws of inheritance.
9. Application of mendel’s laws in human genetics; how human traits and hereditary diseases like sickle-cell anaemia are transmitted in mendelian fashion.
10. Sex determination and sex linkage in man.in heritance of human hereditary diseases like haemophilia and colour- blindness.
11. Genetic engineering; how is DNA manipulated in lab for human welfare.
12. Selective breeding and its comparison with genetic engineering.
Category: 9th 10th